With decades in property management tech under my belt, you can count on me to deliver the insights you need. This Solonis review aims to equip you with the information necessary to make an informed choice on whether this tool is right for you when it comes to property management system (PMS) software.
Solonis Product Overview
Solonis serves as a comprehensive cloud-based property management software solution for managing your hotel properties. It aims to cater to hotel owners, operators, and property managers. The tool offers a streamlined way to handle reservations, room assignments, and staff tasks.
Its key features include a robust booking engine, real-time inventory management, and a responsive user interface. Additionally, Solonis is positioned as a rare player in the hospitality management space that genuinely offers business intelligence.
Solonis offers comprehensive dashboard that is easy to navigate.
- Booking Engine: Solonis provides a powerful booking engine that enables efficient room allocation.
- Inventory Management: Solonis supports real-time inventory management, mitigating the risk of double bookings.
- User Interface: The software offers an intuitive interface, making it easier for staff to navigate through multiple features.
- Customization Limits: Solonis lacks advanced customization features, which could stifle unique operational needs.
- Integration Gaps: The software misses out on certain third-party integrations, which might require manual workarounds.
- Learning Curve: While user-friendly, the range of features can impose a learning curve for some team members.
In the saturated market of property management tech, Solonis holds its ground fairly well. Its booking engine, inventory management, and user interface are commendable. However, when pitted against competitors, it falls short in customization and third-party integrations. Its learning curve is another factor to consider.
If you prioritize basic functionality with an easy-to-use interface, Solonis might be a fit. However, if complex customization and a variety of integrations are your game, you might want to explore other options.
Solonis: The Bottom Line
What sets Solonis apart is its focused approach toward hotel property management. While other tools attempt to be jacks-of-all-trades, Solonis specializes in what it does—hotel management. Its booking engine and real-time inventory management stand out as its most noteworthy features, designed with the unique challenges of hotel management in mind.
Solonis Deep Dive
- Online Booking: Yes
- Real-Time Inventory Management: Yes
- Tenant Screening: No
- Maintenance Requests: No
- Document Management: Yes
- Financial Reporting: Yes
- Multi-Property Management: Yes
- Payment Processing: Yes
- Lease Management: No
- Energy Management: No
- Key Management: Yes
- Mobile App: Yes
- Communication Tools: Yes
- Access Control: Yes
- Housekeeping Management: Yes
- Task Assignment: Yes
- Marketing Tools: No
- Employee Training: No
- Billing and Invoicing: Yes
- AI Chat Support: No
- Reporting Dashboard: Yes
- Calendar View: Yes
- Review Management: Yes
- Compliance Management: No
- Third-party Integrations: Limited
- Online Booking: Solonis specializes in offering a robust booking engine that efficiently handles room allocations.
- Real-Time Inventory Management: The software keeps inventory status up to date, minimizing the chance of overbooking.
- Document Management: Solonis provides document storage solutions, crucial for keeping contracts and operational documents.
- Financial Reporting: Offering in-depth financial reports, this feature provides valuable insights into revenue and expenses offering automation of reports and revenue optimization.
- Multi-Property Management: Solonis allows managers to handle multiple properties within a single interface.
- Payment Processing: With integrated payment solutions, Solonis streamlines the transaction process.
- Key Management: The software offers electronic key management, allowing for secure and easy room access.
- Mobile App: Solonis has a mobile application, making remote management possible.
- Communication Tools: The built-in communication tools facilitate staff and guest interactions.
- Housekeeping Management: Task assignments for housekeeping staff are simplified, improving operational efficiency.
- Housekeeping Management: Unlike many competitors, Solonis places emphasis on optimizing housekeeping operations.
- Real-Time Inventory Management: The real-time capabilities are uniquely efficient, keeping all relevant parties informed.
- Communication Tools: Solonis prioritizes internal communication, thus boosting productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Native CRM Integration: Streamlines the sales process.
- Payment Gateway Partnerships: Simplifies transactions.
- API: Yes, enabling custom integrations.
- Add-Ons: Not available, limiting extendability.
- Basic Tier: $20/user/month (min 5 seats): Includes online booking and document management.
- Standard Tier: $40/user/month: Adds financial reporting and payment processing.
- Premium Tier: $60/user/month (billed annually): Offers all features including multi-property management.
- Pricing upon request for enterprise-level needs.
Ease of Use
Solonis offers a generally intuitive interface. While its range of features can impose a learning curve, the onboarding process eases this transition. However, customization limitations can complicate usage for those with specific operational needs.
Also, when it comes to guests, they can freely use the front desk to check in and check out.
The customer support team at Solonis is generally responsive, with available channels including live chat and email. While tutorials and documentation exist, the absence of webinars and forums can be a limitation for those who prefer interactive learning.
Solonis Use Case
Who would be a good fit for Solonis?
Solonis caters specifically to the hotel industry and hoteliers, making it an ideal fit for property managers, hotel operators, and hotel owners. Those who manage multiple properties find Solonis especially useful for centralizing operations.
Small to medium-sized teams, particularly those dealing with varied reservations and quick turnover, benefit from Solonis' real-time inventory and booking management. Also, Solonis is a great solution for vacation rentals.
However, industries beyond hospitality—like long-term residential or commercial property management—might not find the tool as beneficial.
Who would be a bad fit for Solonis?
Companies requiring a highly customizable solution would likely find Solonis limiting. Given its specific focus on hotels, other industries like retail spaces, long-term residential apartments, or commercial real estate would find it ill-suited for their needs. Also, companies that require a myriad of third-party integrations could find Solonis lacking in this regard.
What industries does Solonis serve?
Solonis specializes in the hotel industry, serving property managers, operators, and owners.
Is there a mobile app for Solonis?
Yes, Solonis offers a mobile app for easier remote management.
How does Solonis handle payment processing?
Solonis includes an integrated payment processing solution within its platform.
Can you manage multiple properties with Solonis?
Yes, Solonis allows for the management of multiple properties through a single interface.
Does Solonis offer real-time inventory management?
Yes, real-time inventory management is one of its key features.
What are the communication tools available in Solonis?
Solonis provides built-in tools to facilitate communication between staff and guests.
Does Solonis support third-party integrations?
Solonis offers limited third-party integration capabilities.
Is there a learning curve to using Solonis?
While generally user-friendly, the wide range of features can pose a learning curve for some team members.
Alternatives to Solonis
- Rent Manager: Best for those who require a solution specifically designed for long-term residential property management.
- Cloudbeds: Ideal for hotel managers who are looking for more robust third-party integration capabilities. Get to know this tool more in this Cloudbeds hospitality management software review.
- Buildium: A good choice for property managers in residential and association spaces who need tenant and association board portals.
Solonis Company Overview & History
In fact, olonis was made by RMS North America. Solonis focuses on delivering property management solutions primarily for the hotel industry. Known for its specialized features like real-time inventory and booking management, it serves property managers, operators, and owners across various scales. The company operates as a private entity, with headquarters located in San Francisco.
While information on notable board members or advisors is not publicly disclosed, the company maintains a mission to streamline property management processes and improve operational efficiency. Some milestones include the launch of its multi-property management feature and its recent expansion into offering mobile application solutions.
Throughout this comprehensive review, we've covered features, benefits, pricing, and even who would or wouldn't benefit from Solonis review. In my expert opinion, Solonis offers a specialized solution for those in the hotel industry, but it may fall short for those who require extensive customization or are in other types of property management.
Your decision to select Solonis should weigh these factors carefully. Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences in the comments below as I am interested in overall guest experiences.