With decades of hands-on experience in hotel management, I've seen and used a myriad of software tools. Today, I'll share an in-depth review of ThinkReservations, presenting every detail you need. By the end of this assessment, you'll have a clear understanding of whether this software aligns with your operational needs. Let's begin.
ThinkReservations Product Overview
ThinkReservations facilitates online booking engines and reservation systems, such as insight into occupancy, inventory management, and customer relationship management for hotels. In other words, ThinkReservations is a property management system (PMS). It targets small to mid-sized hotels, bed and breakfasts, and inns.
This property management software tool simplifies operational complexities while addressing issues like overbooking, manual errors, and time-consuming admin tasks. In fact, the best features include robust reporting, real-time inventory updates, and an intuitive user interface.
- Robust Reporting: This feature allows for quick, accurate insights into your business metrics, helping you make informed decisions.
- Real-time Inventory: Constantly updated room availability means fewer overbooking issues and more efficient operations which showcases direct connectivity.
- User-friendly Interface: Easy navigation reduces training time for staff and streamlines daily tasks.
- Limited Customization: The software falls short when you want to tailor it to highly specific needs.
- Resource Heavy: It can be slow or laggy on older computer systems, affecting your work speed.
- Advanced Features Lacking: Some of the high-end functionalities found in competitors are missing here, potentially requiring additional software or manual work.
In terms of features, functionality, support, and interface, ThinkReservations stands solidly in the mid-tier of hotel management software. While it outperforms some competitors in reporting and inventory management, it lags in customization and advanced features.
The onboarding process is relatively smooth but might require a newer system for optimal performance. In my judgment, this software is well-suited for small to mid-sized hotels or inns that need strong basic features but can tolerate some limitations.
ThinkReservations: The Bottom Line
What sets ThinkReservations apart is its focus on user-friendly experience coupled with strong reporting and inventory management. These are features that often require multiple tools to handle but are efficiently integrated here so ThinkReservations is an all-in-one property management system. Particularly, its real-time inventory updates and robust reporting set it apart from the crowd.
ThinkReservations Deep Dive
- Room Booking: Yes
- Inventory Management: Yes
- Customer Relationship Management: Yes
- Reporting: Yes
- Employee Management: No
- Point of Sale: No
- Housekeeping Management: Yes
- Invoicing: Yes
- Revenue Management: Yes
- Multi-property Support: No
- Real-time Updates: Yes
- Mobile Access: Yes
- Online Check-in / Check-out: Yes
- Email Marketing: No
- API Support: Yes
- Payment Processing: Yes
- Guest Feedback Collection: No
- Online Reservations Calendar: Yes
- Seasonal Pricing: Yes
- Loyalty Program Features: No
- Event Management: No
- Food and Beverage Management: No
- Maintenance Management: Yes
- Tax Management: Yes
- Role-based Access Control: Yes
ThinkReservations Feature Overview
- Room Booking: Efficient and straightforward, this reservation software feature allows for quick booking and ensures a pleasant experience for both staff and guests.
- Inventory Management: This aspect provides real-time updates to prevent overbookings, a crucial element for smooth operations.
- Customer Relationship Management: Helps in storing and managing guest information and preferences, allowing for personalized service and no wait at the front desk.
- Reporting: Robust reporting tools deliver instant insights into business metrics for effective decision-making.
- Housekeeping Management: Simplifies the coordination between the front office and housekeeping staff.
- Invoicing: Allows quick and accurate billing, enhancing operational efficiency.
- Revenue Management: This feature assists in dynamic pricing strategies to optimize revenue.
- Real-time Updates: A standout feature that keeps room status updated in real-time, minimizing overbooking risks.
- Mobile Access: Enables remote management, a necessity in today’s world.
- Tax Management: Automates the otherwise cumbersome task of tax calculation, compliance, and reporting.
- Real-time Inventory Updates: While many tools provide this, the level of accuracy here is noteworthy.
- Reporting Tools: The intuitive nature and depth of metrics covered are superior to other similar tools.
- Housekeeping Management: Not commonly found in all hotel management software, this feature is invaluable for larger establishments.
- Native integrations with major payment gateways for secure transactions.
- API support exists for tailored integrations to extend capabilities.
- No out-of-the-box integrations with popular marketing or email platforms.
- Standard Plan: $100/user/month (min 5 seats)
- Premium Plan: $150/user/month, offers advanced features like Revenue Management and API Support (billed annually)
Note: Additional costs may apply for API usage and custom integrations.
Ease of Use
The interface is intuitive and user-friendly. However, a lack of customization options could make it less adaptable for unique needs. Navigation is straightforward, and onboarding is generally smooth, barring some complexities in setup for advanced features like revenue management.
In addition to that, ThinkReservations allows for various types of notifications such as text messages, emails, reports, and calendar notifications which can be quite useful for the staff.
Support channels are varied and include live chat and documentation. Response times are adequate but can vary during peak times. Some users report difficulty in finding quick solutions for advanced technical issues.
ThinkReservations Use Case
Who would be a good fit for ThinkReservations?
Small businesses, such as small to mid-sized hotels and motels, bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals, and inns find this software quite fitting. It serves particularly well in environments where staff might not have advanced tech skills but need a reliable system for managing bookings, inventory, and customer relationships.
If your team prioritizes features like real-time inventory updates, robust reporting, and simple housekeeping management, you'll find this tool useful. Most loyal customers appreciate its user-friendly interface and the ability to manage multiple aspects of operations through a single platform.
Who would be a bad fit for ThinkReservations?
Large hotels or chains requiring complex customizations and integrations may find this tool limiting. Businesses that need advanced CRM features or extensive third-party integrations will likely be disappointed. ThinkReservations lacks the capacity to serve large teams effectively due to limited multi-property support and advanced feature sets.
Does ThinkReservations offer real-time inventory management?
Yes, it offers real-time inventory updates, reducing the risk of overbooking.
Is there an API available for custom integrations?
Yes, an API is available for tailored integrations to suit specific business needs.
Can it manage multiple properties?
No, ThinkReservations currently lacks multi-property support.
Does it offer mobile access?
Yes, you can manage your hotel’s operations via a mobile interface.
What kind of support channels are available?
Support options include live chat and documentation.
Is seasonal pricing a feature?
Yes, ThinkReservations offers seasonal pricing capabilities.
Are there any limitations on customization?
The tool has limited options for customization, particularly for large, complex operations.
Can it handle food and beverage management?
No, ThinkReservations doesn't offer features for food and beverage management.
Alternatives to ThinkReservations
- Cloudbeds: Ideal for mid to large-sized hotel chains that require more advanced features and integrations than ThinkReservations can offer. To know more about its features, I made a review for Cloudbeds to guide you.
- Hotelogix: A better fit for hotels looking for more robust customer relationship management (CRM) features. Get more insights in this Hotelogix review.
- Little Hotelier: Perfect for smaller properties like B&Bs and guesthouses that need an extremely simple and easy-to-use platform. Learn more about the tool in my Little Hotelier review.
We also rounded up a list of the best property management systems if you're still looking!
ThinkReservations Company Overview & History
ThinkReservations provides a software platform primarily geared towards small and mid-sized hotel and lodging businesses. Companies ranging from boutique hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts make use of this tool. It's a privately held company, and its headquarters is located in the United States.
Although the names of notable employees, board members, or advisors are not publicly disclosed, their collective mission is to provide a simplified, efficient, and reliable software service to their clientele. Over the years, they have marked milestones in improving user interface design and expanding feature sets to include more robust reporting and analytics.
To summarize, I’ve walked you through an extensive review of ThinkReservations. My decades of experience in hotel management tell me this is a solid tool for small to medium-sized hotels, B&Bs, and inns. Its most loyal users love the real-time inventory updates, robust reporting, and ease of use.
However, if you're a larger property or require extensive customizations and advanced CRM features, you might find ThinkReservations limiting. As with all other reviews, I always appreciate guest experiences therefore, I’d love to hear about your experiences or answer any further questions, so please feel free to comment and share.