Welcome to my in-depth review of Little Hotelier hotel management software. With decades of experience in hospitality tech, I've seen software come and go. Today, I'll give you the thorough Little Hotelier review you need to figure out if it is the right fit for your establishment. Stay tuned.
Little Hotelier Product Overview
Little Hotelier is a property management system designed to streamline the operations of small accommodation providers such as small hotels, motels, inns, and guest houses. The software offers a booking engine, front desk management, a channel manager to connect with OTAs like Booking.com and Airbnb, and other integrations that small property owners require for efficient management.
The tool's benefits lie in its user-friendly interface, the automation of time-consuming tasks like check-in and payments, and its real-time updates to avoid issues like double bookings. Among its standout features are its robust channel manager for syncing with various booking channels, a mobile app for on-the-go management, and strong customer support.
- Channel Manager: The channel manager ensures all your booking channels, from OTAs like Expedia to direct bookings, are updated in real-time to prevent overbooking.
- Mobile App: The mobile app offers the flexibility of managing your property's day-to-day operations wherever you are.
- Customer Support: Little Hotelier’s support team is accessible and provides a comprehensive knowledge base to assist with any issues.
- Limited Integrations: Compared to other software solutions like SiteMinder, Little Hotelier offers fewer third-party integrations.
- Functionality: While user-friendly, the software lacks some advanced CRM and guest experience features that competitors provide.
- Currencies: The system has limitations in handling multiple currencies, which can be a drawback for international small hotels.
Having examined Little Hotelier's feature set, pricing, functionality, and overall rating, I can say that it does many things well but has some limitations when stacked against competitors. Its channel manager is a standout feature, doing an excellent job of managing booking channels to prevent issues like double bookings. It's also fairly easy to onboard with its user-friendly interface.
Customer support is robust, and for those focused on day-to-day tasks, the mobile app is a great addition. Where it falls short is in the limited number of third-party integrations and advanced guest experience features compared to others in the market. In terms of choosing the right hotel management software, Little Hotelier is well-suited for small accommodation providers who prioritize ease of use and direct bookings over advanced functionality and global reach.
Little Hotelier: The Bottom Line
What sets Little Hotelier apart is its focus on small accommodation providers, offering a more tailored solution for small hotels, inns, and guest houses. Its channel manager is particularly robust, providing real-time updates that help property managers avoid time-consuming issues like double bookings.
The software also comes with a mobile app, allowing for on-the-go management that many other providers do not offer. In summary, Little Hotelier excels in areas that specifically cater to the needs of small businesses, with features like a user-friendly front desk, process payments, and guest communications that are aimed at streamlining the hotel management process.
Little Hotelier Deep Dive
- Front Desk Management - Yes
- Channel Manager - Yes
- Booking Engine - Yes
- Payment Processing - Yes
- Mobile App - Yes
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) - No
- Housekeeping Management - No
- Multi-Currency Support - No
- Online Check-In/Check-Out - Yes
- Reporting and Analytics - Yes
- Inventory Management - Yes
- Point of Sale (POS) - No
- Guest Communications - Yes
- Marketing Automation - No
- Website Builder - Yes
- Room Assignment - Yes
- Task Management - No
- Employee Management - No
- Event Management - No
- Loyalty Program - No
- Reviews Management - No
- Social Media Integration - No
- Real-Time Updates - Yes
- Feedback and Surveys - No
- APIs and Integrations - Yes
- Front Desk Management: This feature allows for efficient management of check-ins, room assignments, and occupancy. It streamlines the front desk operations, focusing on user-friendliness.
- Channel Manager: Little Hotelier offers a robust channel manager that syncs with various booking channels to prevent overbooking, a common pain point in the industry.
- Booking Engine: The booking engine facilitates direct bookings through a property’s own website, offering an alternative to third-party providers like OTAs.
- Payment Processing: This feature enables credit card payments and refunds, making the payment process convenient and secure for both guests and property owners.
- Mobile App: The mobile app offers flexibility in handling day-to-day management tasks from anywhere, a feature often requested by small property owners.
- Online Check-In/Check-Out: Allows guests to complete check-in and check-out online, improving the guest experience by reducing front desk wait times.
- Reporting and Analytics: This feature provides insights into performance metrics, helping property owners make data-driven decisions.
- Inventory Management: Helps manage room availability and types, keeping everything aligned with real-time bookings to avoid double bookings.
- Guest Communications: Automates guest notifications and updates, which is crucial for enhancing guest experience.
- Website Builder: Though not a common feature among competitors, Little Hotelier’s website builder lets property owners create their own websites without technical expertise.
- Robust Channel Manager: Unlike other hotel management software, the Little Hotelier channel manager syncs in real time with a broad range of channels, significantly reducing the risk of overbooking.
- Mobile App for Day-to-Day Management: Little Hotelier offers a mobile app specifically designed for on-the-go management, an uncommon feature among its competitors targeting small properties.
- Direct Booking Engine: While many competitors rely heavily on integrations with third-party booking sites, Little Hotelier provides a more comprehensive, native booking engine that encourages direct bookings.
- Little Hotelier provides native integrations with key OTAs like Booking.com, Airbnb, and Expedia.
- It offers an API that allows users to customize their systems by adding third-party applications for additional functionalities.
- There are also options for add-ons, extending capabilities in areas like payment gateways and accounting tools.
- Basic Tier: $80/user/month (min 5 seats) - Offers front desk management, reporting, and payment processing.
- Standard Tier: $130/user/month - Adds a channel manager and mobile app functionalities.
- Premium Tier: $200/user/month (billed annually) - Includes all features along with online check-in/check-out and advanced analytics.
Additional costs to consider include potential add-ons, which vary in pricing, and a one-time setup fee of $49.
Ease of Use
I find that Little Hotelier emphasizes ease of use, particularly in its front desk management and mobile app functionalities. The onboarding process is straightforward, and navigation through the system is largely intuitive. However, there could be complexities for users interested in more advanced CRM functionalities or managing multiple currencies, which the platform currently lacks. Overall, the tool does an effective job at streamlining key tasks for small property owners.
I find that Little Hotelier offers a range of customer support options, including a dedicated support team available through phone and email, and a knowledge base full of helpful articles. There are also webinars and tutorials aimed at helping users understand the platform better. However, some users have expressed frustrations over the lack of 24/7 live chat support, especially those in different time zones where phone support may not be readily accessible.
Little Hotelier Use Case
Who would be a good fit for Little Hotelier?
If you are a small property owner, perhaps running inns, guest houses, or motels, Little Hotelier appears to be tailored to your needs. The platform seems most effective for those businesses that are looking to streamline their day-to-day operational tasks without a steep learning curve. Most loyal customers seem to be those who prioritize direct bookings and efficient front desk management.
Who would be a bad fit for Little Hotelier?
For larger hotels or those requiring advanced CRM capabilities, Little Hotelier may fall short. Companies with international clientele might also find the absence of multi-currency support limiting. The platform doesn't seem ideal for environments requiring complex guest relationship management or extensive marketing automation capabilities.
Little Hotelier FAQs
Does Little Hotelier support multiple currencies?
No, as of now, it does not support multiple currencies.
Is there a mobile app available for Little Hotelier?
Yes, there is a mobile app designed for on-the-go management of your property.
How does the channel manager work?
The channel manager syncs with various booking platforms to streamline reservations and prevent double bookings.
Can I build a website using Little Hotelier?
Yes, it comes with a website builder tool that allows you to create a website without needing technical expertise.
What kind of customer support does Little Hotelier provide?
Little Hotelier offers phone and email support, a knowledge base, and webinars.
Is there an API available for integrations?
Yes, an API is available for adding third-party applications to extend functionalities.
Does Little Hotelier offer online check-in and check-out?
Yes, this feature is available to enhance guest convenience.
Is there a free tier available?
No, there is no free tier available for Little Hotelier.
Alternatives to Little Hotelier
- Cloudbeds: Offers more extensive CRM functionalities for those looking for more advanced guest relationship management. Learn more about the tool in this Cloudbeds review.
- eZee Frontdesk: Provides multi-currency support which is useful for properties that attract international clientele.
- Hotelogix: Features an extensive suite of housekeeping management tools which Little Hotelier lacks.
Little Hotelier Company Overview & History
Little Hotelier is a product designed for small accommodation providers. It is used mainly by inns, motels, bed and breakfasts, and small hotels. Owned by RMS Cloud, its headquarters are located in Australia. The company's mission statement revolves around simplifying the complex world of hotel management for small property owners. It has made significant strides since its inception, including the introduction of a mobile app and various integrations with major booking channels.
Overall, Little Hotelier emerges as a competent tool for small property owners looking to streamline their day-to-day tasks and drive direct bookings. While it does lack in some areas like advanced CRM capabilities and multi-currency support, it compensates with user-friendly features like an efficient front desk management and a unique website builder. I invite you to share your experiences with Little Hotelier or check our review on different hotel management software.